Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Sunday, May 12, 2013

20 X 20 LOVE Canvas



20 X 20 inch LOVE canvas
Details :I started out with a 20 x 20" painter’s canvas.  I covered the canvas with the Prima “Nature Garden” paper collection. I used the A4 paper stack.  I placed the paper all over the project using a mod podge.   Once the canvas dried gesso was used on the sides of the canvas as well as in area’s throughout the canvas. Lace was added to the right-hand side of the canvas then adding some round letter tokens to the lower part of the lace in the corner of the canvas . A honeycomb mask with modeling paste was added to the lower r.  I added to the canvas several of Gina’s laser cut chipboards by Gina’s Designs. The ones I used was an old tricyle/bicycle on the lower right-hand corner and then I added two filmstrips and to that I also added to larger flourishes, butterflies from the butterfly and dragonfly collection and on butterflies I used gesso as well as distressed paint from Tim Holtz in a variety of  colors.   The color I ended up using on this project were vintage photo , broken China , Victorian velvet, picket fence, weathered wood, antique linen and bundled sage. Using these colors on the butterfly’s in a combination of those colors to convey and to  give a variety to the butterfly. The bird cages are from Gina’s collection “Ornamental  bird cages”  I  added four bird cages  to hold the letters  LOVE placing one on each of the  bird cages.  Each letter was covered with the paper line. Each of the bird cages where painted with a paint Dauber “Gold” I cut out two hot air balloons out of the paper line over chipboard. I decorated each of the two balloons with trim & bling to make the balloons unique in their own way.
Then the baskets of both balloons were made out of a paper that has a basket weaved looks to it.  On the balloons I used the patterned paper. I used laces & trims on both of them.  Next to the balloon I placed delicate doilies from Gina’s designs.  I painted two of them with the bundled sage distressed paint the others that are on the canvas I left white and then I added a picture frames under next to the large balloons painted it with the bundled sage.  I added large flowers, the white ones are a shabby chic flower that I handmade. Placing a large white button turned.  The rest of the flowers are from Michael's. I then added three stick pens, a Tim Holtz glass figurine and then added wings from Gina’s Designs. I added two metal flowers to the upper right-hand corner I got both of those from craft warehouse and what I added to the flowers was a Shimmerz paint.
I added photos to the filmstrips.  




Products from Gina's Designs
Ornamental Birdcages Shape Set
Cardstock Doily Set - Intricates
Filmstrips 1 Shape Set
Nancy's Garden Flourishes 2
Butterflies & Dragonflies Shape Set
Filigree Frames Set
Antique Bike Shape Set

1 comment: