Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Saturday, November 16, 2013

Prima sunrise sunet cigar box mini



Kathi here to Share a new project using a cigar box, Gina's Designs, & Prima Marketing paper


 I started by selecting a cigar box, I covered the cigar box with Prima Marketing paper "Welcome to Paris". I distressed the edges of the paper I painted the edges of the paper ?box with distress paint, "black soot"


I added a binder ring to the bottom of the cigar box,

I added a handed to one side of the box. 

I decorated the front of the cigar box, I positioned the box so that it would open on the right to the left like a book. Adding a gear dollies by cutting it in half & placing it on each side on the left above the ribbon & below the ribbon on the right.  Then placed two stick pins into the center & right of the center.
I then placed the saying Once Upon a Time which I painted black.

Close up of Stick Pins
On the inside of the lid I made a pocket for tags & placed a tag inside, a dollies was placed on to the  lower outside of pocket. a garden fair was added to the side of the pocket. 
The garden fairy was painted with white gesso then added while glitter. 

First Page I added a large dollie & added a garden fairy from Gina's Designs & then placed two tags what where distressed with walnut stain with a paper clip.

I cut out two cameo frames, I staggered them making a pocket out of them. then adding  two tags
I cut out a bell jar out of the Sunrise Sunset paper  added a standing garden fairy with an intricate dollie from Gina's Designs. ON the Dollie I used Lindy Stamp Gang starbust spay.

Close up of bell jar
The photo mat was cut using a baroque die & the Sunset Sunrise paper. A dancing yellow fairy was added to the let side  of the photo mat
A sparkling pink garden fairy is bending down holding the flourish placed at the lower 
right of the  oval accent photo mat.


I cut out a stylish label & place the work "amazing" from the word & phrases II from Gina's Designs, for the fairy I used red rub in buff.. A photo could be placed under the sign.
A vintage cabinet card die was used to create a photo mat a garden fairy was placed on the lower right side of the photo mat. yellow gold bling was added to two sides of the

I created the last page using the inside of the vintage cabinet card.
Supplies used:


Prima paper
            Welcome to Paris
            Sunset Sunrise
Gina’s Designs:
            Garden Fairies
            Card Stock Dollies Intricate
            Words & Phases
Gesso
Cigar box
6 X 6 album pages
Tim Holtz:
            Distress Stain – Walnut Stain
            Binder Rings
Lindys Stamp Gang:
            Starburst – Grab a Guy Gold
                                South Shore Sand
                                Ramblin Rose Pink
Martha Stewart glitter
Metallic Rub on’s
Dies Used:
Tim Holtz
            Baroque
            Bell Jar/Pedestal
            Cameo Frame
            Styled Labels
            Vintage Cabinet Card.  
Sizzixs
            Oval Accents  







No comments:

Post a Comment