Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Thursday, June 4, 2015

Sweet Summer Layout



Hi, thanks for stopping by to see the layout I have created for Gina’s today.  
I am sharing some summer warmth, using the sweet summer shape 
set I created this 12 X 12 layout.



The layout came together easily once I decided the color scheme I wanted to use.  I choose blues & greens, once the paper was chosen I began to layer the paper.
All the chipboard was painted with white gesso, once the gesso was dry I painted the chipboard pieces using distress paint by Tim Holtz. On the sweet summer title I use both white, blue & green distress paint, On the sun I used mustard seed distress paint going light in the center and darker on the ends of the sun rays to give it a contrast look.  On the Umbrella I used white, blue & green to create the defined look of the umbrella, using a dark brown fine line pen to separate the colors. On the Sandbox frame I painted the pail & shovel blue to match the large pail & shovel, then completing the frame with the green distress paint & flower stickers from the paper line. On the large pail & shovel I applied stickers from the paper line after the blue distress paint was dry.
After laying the paper I added the large sticker surf boards & the car, I then begin laying the chipboard over the layered paper.  Once they were all glued in place I arrange a flower arrangement just below the lower right side of the sandbox frame. The flowers & leaves are from KS4U. Some of the flowers were sprayed with Color Wash spray. The arrangement was then glued down with hot glue, I added another title to the bottom center from the paper line. I layered the title with scraps of paper from the paper line as well.








Supplies Used:
Gina's Designs:

 please stop bt Gina's Store @

No comments:

Post a Comment