Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Thursday, June 18, 2015

Whimsical Carousel



Hi everyone, thanks for joining me today, I am sharing a fun whimsical project. I love to see the joy on the faces of children when they go to the fair or carnival, they love to ride the carousels, which are adorned in bright colors and large bling, which serve as an inspiration for my project.
I started this project by painting all of the laser chipboard with white gesso, then some of the chipboard was then painted with black gesso. The large spool was painted then with an ivory chalk paint. After the chipboard dried I then papered the large spool with the stripped paper & the diamond shape paper.

The diamond shape was cut into a 12 X 12 circle for the carousel top. I cut a 2 ½” strip X’s 2, joined the two strips to create the top sides of the carousel. After the strip was joined I then used two of Martha Stewart punches to put the finishing touches to the strip. I then added a vanilla strip between the two punched edges.  The strip was then added to the cone top, creating the carousel top. The top was then added to the top of the spool. On the side of the carousel top rep/pink bling was added a long with two rows of silver bling between the red/pink bling. Red bling along with silver bling round the bottom of the center column.


The tear drop trim was died using red alcohol ink, with the left over alcohol ink I place the 4 wooden discs into the container with the alcohol ink. The disc were placed pm the bottom of the spool to serve as feet for the carrousel. I sanded around the bottom of the spool, Then red tear drop trim was then glued around the base & then the ivory flat back pearl trim was then glued oved the tear drop trim.





The animals where prepped then painted with distress paint, brown, yellow, ivory & black. The horses one brown & one black, then saddles were added to each of the carrousel animals using distress stickles, glitter & glass beads.



Supplies Used:
Gina’s Designs Laser cuts:
KS4U:
Silver Bling
White tear drop trim
Ivory Flat Back Pearls
Other Supplies Used:
White Gesso
Black Gesso
Ivory Chalk Paint
Paint Dauber – Gold
Distress Stickles
Black Glass chunky Glitter
Small glass beads
Ball chain
Paper By
 Glitz – Hello December Strip HD1479
My Mind’s Eye – Find your wings & fly ”Sky’s the Limit”



No comments:

Post a Comment