Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Thursday, February 2, 2017

Beautiful Elegance

Welcome crafty friends, today I am sharing with you a altered cigar box,  I painted the box with Pentart Metal creamy acrylic paint. Next the box was covered with patterned paper by Quick Quotes "49 Shades of Grey".

Full view of the top of box. Glossy accents was used to cover the ladies face. 


Close up of appliqué - I used distress black soot ink (refill ink) to dye the appliqué . Embellishing with black gears, metal key and butterfly and roses that matched the paper line. 


A stripped bow was placed on the photo then embellished with roses and flowers. The flowers were created with perfect petal die and brads for the centers.  Metal embellishments was placed around the flowers and the bow. 


The photo on the left is the front of the box, the large flower is cut from the paper line using Extra large tattered floral die.  The lace was dyed using distressing ink black soot diluted with water to create a grey lace, then a rose trim was added over the grey lace to finish off the altered box. 

Supplies Used:
Quick Quotes " 49 shades of Grey QQP SH100 and QQP SH105  
                          49 Shades of Grey paper scrapes for the flowers
                           49 Shades of Grey Chipboard

Other supples used:
Wood Cigar Box
White lace 
Rose Trim 
Metal Embellishments - black gears, key, butterflies
Brads
White Aplique 
Roses - orange - coral - green - grey - ivory
Ivory Ribbon 
Glossy accents
Pentart Creamy Acrylic paint "metal"

Thanks for stopping by and joining us.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment