Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Monday, April 17, 2017

Flower Caddy

Kathi here to share with you a fun spring flower caddy.  The paper line I used is a Quick Quotes paper "Windsong". a very soft elegant paper line. I used a 7 piece flower die from China. all the flowers I distressed the edges with two of the 2017 Powderpuff Chalking inks.



This is one side of the flower caddy. The caddy was painted black then I painted one side at a time with Elmer's glue. I let it get to a tacking stage them painted a white acrylic paint over the Elmer's glue, I let it dry. As it dries it crackles. I completed each side one side at a time letting each layer dry before moving on to the next side.  A white Venice lace was hot glued to one of the long sides then a black dangle lace was placed over the white lace. I placed three handmade flowers to the upper left of the side of the caddy.

This is one of the short sides looking at the crackle technique  that was done on all three sides.


Close up of the soft flowers.  The flowers cut from Quick Quotes Windsong patterned paper. The edges were distress with 2017 Chalking Inks. Then all the flowers edges had a glue placed 
on each layer of the flowers then dipped in clear glitter. 


The second side I repeated the white Venice lace, place the black dangle lace just on the outside, then flowers where placed on the top of the black lace trim. 

Supplies Used:
Quick Quotes: Windsong
2017 Powderpuff Chalking Inks - Terra Cotta, Slate

Up cycled caddy
lace & trims
glue
white paint

Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to check out Quick Quotes blog.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment