Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Friday, November 24, 2017

Grateful Journal and Thanksgiving Activity Booklet

Welcome crafty friends, today I am bringing you a fun activity booklet and journaling cards for my young dinner guest on Thanksgiving. These are place cards as well. Each child will have these on their plate to show them where they will be seated. The journaling cards can be saved and placed in a scrap book for them and the activity book keeps them busy during the times the adults are visiting with other adults.


The activity book is a 5 X 7 with things to color, Tic Tac Toe, word scramble , word search, Maze, I covered the activity book with a 12 X 12  Earth Wind and Fire sheet cut down to 71/2 X 5 1/2"Tied with a green ribbon, on the front of the activity book I cut down a 12 X 12 paper to a 81/2" X 11 paper to run through the printer Cannon TS5000 and copied the body of the turkey on to the patterned paper, I fussy cut the turkey out. coloring his feet, beak and comb with distress markers. The turkeys feathers are made from a feathers die using scraps from the Earth Wind and Fire paper line. 


The journal pocket was created using the  paper line Honeycomb.  I cut out a large leaf added two circles to the center of the leaf, the larger circle is edged with Milk Chocolate Powerful chalking ink. one circle is a photo of the child. Which was printed from the Cannon Selphy 1200, The photo was then punched out with round punch. The large leaf was then attached to a belly band to keep the journal closed. Inside the pocket are 30 journaling cards for the children to fill out.


Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Quick Quotes - Earth Wind Fire 
                                                     Honeycomb 101
PowderPuff Chalking Ink - Milk Chocolate 
Cannon TS 5000 and Cannon Spleeny

Thanks for stopping by,
Be grateful and thankful for even the smallest of things.
I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

Kathi - Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment